Subject: IP-ID clarification (was: [rohc] The discussion on slope(s) (redu x))

From: "Lars-Erik Jonsson (LU/EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 12:21:40 +0100

To capture this conclusion and avoid further confusion on IP-ID offset
encoding, I propose to add the following at the end of section 8.2 of
the implementer's guide:

   "When RND=0 but no IP-ID bits are sent in the compressed header, the
    SN offset for IP-ID stays unchanged, meaning that Offset_m equals
    Offset_ref, as described in Section 4.5.5. This is further expressed
    in a slightly different way (with the same meaning) in Section 5.7,
    where it is said that "default-slope(IP-ID offset) = 0", meaning that
    if no bits are sent for IP-ID, its SN offset slope defaults to 0."

/L-E

> > I think there is nothing missing when it comes to IP-ID and slopes,
> > more than to clarify the meaning of default_slope on page 75, which
> > simply means exactly what is said on the second and third line of
> > page 35 (the additional mentioning on page 75 is thus just 
> confusing).
> 
> Yes.
> 
> Gruesse, Carsten

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc