Subject: [rohc] MINE header compression clarification?

From: "Lars-Erik Jonsson (LU/EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:10:57 +0100

ROHCers,

Since I have received several questions on how the MINE header
is to be compressed (as it is listed as a compressible header
but not further discussed in the same way as the other extension
headers listed), I would like to add the following line at the
end of section 5.6 of the implementer's guide:

"It should further be noted that for the Minimal Encapsulation
(MINE) header, there is no explicit discussion of how to
compress it, as the header is either sent uncompressed or
fully compressed away."

Any comments on this?
/L-E

-----------------------------------
Lars-Erik Jonsson, M.Sc.
Senior Research Engineer
Wireless IP Optimizations
AWARE - Advanced Wireless Algorithm Research
Ericsson Research, Corporate Unit
Ericsson AB
Box 920, S-971 28 Luleå, Sweden
E-mail: [email-masked]                      /"\
Phone: +46 8 404 29 61                                      \ /
Fax: +46 920 996 21               ASCII Ribbon Campaign      X
Home: +46 920 999 57           against HTML email & vCards  / \

My opinions are my personal opinions and should not be considered
as the opinions of my employer, if not explicitly stated.

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 13:38:56 +0100

> compress it, as the header is either sent uncompressed or

Sounds good to me (this certainly was the intention).

Gruesse, Carsten