Subject: [rohc] Need help with deflate source parameter settings

From: chitrak gupta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 17:14:34 +0530

Hi,

This may be an unusual request. But I need it desparately to finish my
project. I am stuck and I think without your help I might not be able
to resolve the issue.

I need to generate a compressed data using deflate with the following
conditions.

1)    The DEFLATE compressed data format separates blocks of compressed  
      data by transmitting 7 consecutive zero bits. Each SigComp message 
      is assumed to contain a separate block of compressed data, so the 
      end-of-block bits are implicit and do not need to be transmitted 
      at the end of a SigComp message. 
    
2) Compressed data should have only DEFLATE block type 01 (data
compressed   with fixed Huffman codes).

How and where do I modify the settings (or code) in the deflate project.

Reference: deflate.c -- compress data using the deflation algorithm
 Copyright (C) 1995-2003 Jean-loup Gailly.
interface of the 'zlib' general purpose compression library
  version 1.2.1, November 17th, 2003................

Thanks a lot in advance,
Chitrak Gupta.
Kolkata, India.

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

---

From: Mark Adler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 06:35:24 -0800

> How and where do I modify the settings (or code) in the deflate 

You need to recompile trees.c with FORCE_STATIC #define'd.  By the way, 
you should be using zlib 1.2.2, which you can find here:

     http://www.zlib.net/

mark