Subject: [rohc] ROHC documents, next steps

From: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:02:48 -0800

Hi, Lars-Erik, Carsten, ROHCers,

As you know, the IESG approved draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-nack-02.txt 
last week.  There were some light worries by the Security ADs, but the
Security ADs decided they didn't merit Discuss.  Also IANA asked if
the error codes shouldn't merit their own registry.  Adam wrote a good
response as to why not, which is entered as a comment in the tracker,
for anyone who wants to track it down.

Three more ROHC documents are awaiting IESG action.  I've just sent 

draft-ietf-rohc-context-replication 

for IETF Last Call, after reading it through carefully myself.  It
names TCP as a key use case, and you've asked to advance the 
background Informational documents:

draft-ietf-rohc-tcp-field-behavor
draft-ietf-rohch-tcp-requirements

In field-behavior, Figure 12 I'd say the Row 20, RFC 2385, should probably
be marked with a *.  Even though the MD5 option is not well-regarded, it
is the recommended protection still for both BGP and LDP over TCP. 
I've been surprised too many times to rule out that their flowing over
a link needing compression.

And so it also struck me that a couple-week review of tcp-field-behavior
in the TCPM WG is probably a good idea - so I'm going to send the draft
to them with a request for review, timeout the same as the context-replication
i-d Last Call, January 12.

During this same time, the chairs should  prepare three questionnaire
writeups, one for each of the documents to be published.  These are
described in 

draft-ietf-proto-wgchair-doc-shepherding-01.txt

Thanks, and happy holidays, everyone,

Allison

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc