Subject: [rohc] SigComp user guide once more

From: "Surtees, Abigail" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 15:30:56 +0100

Hi All,

I have made all the changes to the user guide (and torture tests draft)
in response to the last call comments and intend to submit the drafts
next week.

However, I have spotted that the user guide still has some references to
the need for acknowledgements over UDP which is misleading (as
previously discussed
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/rohc/current/msg03815.html>).  I
have removed the references to unreliable transport as indicated below.
If anyone has any comments on this, please let me know asap.

In the introduction (last paragraph):
"It also describes how standard stream-
   based compressors can be modified for robustness against lost and/or
   misordered packets over an unreliable transport such as UDP."

-> "It also gives examples of how to use
   some of the mechanisms (such as acknowledgements) described in RFC
   3321 [5]."

In section 2 (paragraph 4):
"The SigComp feedback mechanism can
   be used to acknowledge successful decompression over an unreliable
   transport such as UDP."

-> "The SigComp feedback mechanism can
   be used to acknowledge successful decompression at the remote
   endpoint."

In section 5 (first paragraph):
"The following chapter covers the additional mechanisms that can be
   employed by SigComp to improve the overall compression ratio;
   including the acknowledgment of SigComp state over an unreliable
   link, sharing state between two directions of a compressed message
   flow etc."

-> " ... including the use of acknowledgements, dictionaries and sharing
state
   between two directions of a compressed message flow."

Best regards,

Abbie

Abbie Surtees
Senior Engineer
Roke Manor Research Ltd
Old Salisbury Lane
Romsey, SO51 0ZN
Tel:   +44 (0) 1794 833131

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc