Subject: [rohc] RFC 4164 on RObust Header Compression (ROHC): Context Replication for ROHC Profiles

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:28:34 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4164

        Title:      RObust Header Compression (ROHC):
                    Context Replication for ROHC Profiles
        Author(s):  G. Pelletier
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 47088
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rohc-context-replication-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4164.txt

This document defines context replication, a complement to the
context initialization procedure found in Robust Header
Compression (ROHC), as specified in RFC 3095.  Profiles defining
support for context replication may use the mechanism described herein
to establish a new context based on another already existing context.
Context replication is introduced to reduce the overhead of the
context establishment procedure.  It may be especially useful for the
compression of multiple short-lived flows that may be occurring
simultaneously or near-simultaneously, such as short-lived TCP flows.

This document is a product of the Robust Header Compression Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc