Subject: [rohc] Feedback on draft-ietf-rohc-hcoipsec-04

From: "Lars-Erik Jonsson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 19:01:54 +0200

Emre and others,

I've re-read the hcoipsec draft, and here is my feedback on the current 
version:

*  References: This document is intended to be informational, and I
    would like to hear how one can argue for normative references
    in an informative document.

* The document should either:
  - be reformulated to focus on ROHC only, including document title
      or
  - take a slightly different perspective as more of a general problem
    statement, as the solution envisioned is built on ROHC.
  As it is now, the document gives the impression the solution
  envisioned will in itself be realized for all HC schemes, which is
  not the case.

* 6.1.1, replace "must be extended" with "may have to be extended"

* Reference to ROHC-over-reordering does not give a proper view
   of the scope of that document, which is mainly a problem analysis.
   The reference name should also properly match the title, "EXT" is
   not a good chioce.

* ROHCv2 should be referenced as the only really proper HC scheme
   for HCoIPsec.

* 6.1.2, the goal is not to remove HC lower layer dependency, but
   to facilitate the traditional LL functions by other  means for this
   scenario .

* When discussing the Protocol/Next Header approach, the
   document talks about this as "a value" and gives the impression
   this will provide a solution for all HC schemes, while it actually
   will be a ROHC identifier. Just try to adjust to not give an
   improper impression. Further, if you see this document as more
   of a general problem statement (see second bullet above), it
   should be made clear that the Protocol value solution is just one
   "potential" solution. Consequences and restrictions with using
   the protocol field could also be useful to have.

That was it, overall the document looks fine!!
/L-E

"1984 was a warning, not a manual" 

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc