Subject: [rohc] 3 HCoIPsec-related I-Ds Released

From: "Ertekin, Emre" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 16:16:50 -0500

Hi ROHC'ers,

Please note that an updated HCoIPsec draft is now available for comment
(draft-ietf-rohc-hcoipsec-04.txt).  In comparison to the previous
release, the changes in the revised draft reflect the following:

(1)    Use of the [security protocol] NextHeader field for ROHC packet
identification.  

(2)    Packet disposition in scenarios where nested IPcomp, HC, IPsec
processing are applied.  Several comments we received requested for
clarification on the order of processing in such scenarios.  The last
paragraph in Section 6.1 specifies the methodology for inbound and
outbound packet processing for nested IPcomp and HC within the context
of IPsec.

All of the other changes to the HCoIPsec draft are minor editorial ones.

In addition, an update to the "IKEv2 Extensions to support Header
Compression Parameter Negotiation" draft has been submitted
(draft-ietf-rohc-ikev2-extensions-hcoipsec-01).  This draft is now
streamlined to negotiate ROHC channel parameters only (the previous
version of the draft specified negotiation of channel parameter for
multiple HC types).  

Finally, an additional draft, entitled "IPsec Extensions to Support
Header Compression over IPsec (HCoIPsec)"  has been submitted
(draft-ertekin-rohc-ipsec-extensions-hcoipsec-00).  This draft specifies
the extensions required to the SPD and the SAD to support ROHC.  In
addition, it requests the allocation of an ProtocolID number for "ROHC";
this will enable an IPsec implementation to demultiplex
header-compressed versus uncompressed packets received on a ROHC-enabled
SA.  

As a note, the IPsec extensions and the IKEv2 extensions drafts retain
the specifications required to form a ROHC over IPsec instance.  If the
WG feels like we should move some of the contents from the IPsec
extensions to other drafts, I'm open to suggestions. :)

Comments on all three drafts are welcome!

Best Regards,

Emre

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc