Subject: [rohc] CRC8 coverage for IR packets in v2-O2

From: Anders Edqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 15:32:11 +0100

Hi,

I just realised that the coverage for the CRC8 in IR-packets isn't
defined anywhere in rohcv2-O2. Could perhaps the text under the picture
in 6.8.1 be expanded to cover this, just like the CRC is defined for
feedback2 in 6.9.1? For example: "CRC: A 8 bit CRC over the entire
IR-header, including any CID fields and up until the end of the dynamic
chain, using the polynomial defined in [RFC4995]. For purposes of
computing the CRC, the CRC field is zero.".

Regards,
/anders

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

---

From: "Kristofer Sandlund" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 15:42:10 +0100

Hi Anders,

agreed, it seems like we have missed that, thanks for finding it.
I also think your text suggestion is good, and unless my co-author
disagrees, I will add this to the draft.

/Kristofer

Anders Edqvist <mailto:[email-masked]> wrote on den 5

---

From: "Ghyslain Pelletier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 16:15:21 +0100

Looks good. Tx.
///Ghyslain