Subject: [rohc] Rev -03 of ROHCv2 profiles draft submitted

From: "Kristofer Sandlund" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:23:51 +0100

Hi all,

We have just submit a new (final?) version of the v2 profiles.
We belive that this revisions adresses all comments received during
and efter the WGLC. So if you have had some comments, please check that
they have been adressed according to our replies. I'm not going to
write an exhaustive list of changes this time, so I refer you to
the mail archive and the diff to see what has changed.

In addition to the things dicsussed on-list, we have made some
_editorial_
changes to the draft which are large enough that I will mentation
them here separately (none of these do affect the operation of the
profile and were made only to clarify and to make it slightly more
in line with the formal notation):

- 6.6.8. on scaled encoding was updated quite a bit
- 6.7 was reformatted to make it more compact and easier to read
- The "_choice" encoding methods in the FN were removed and replaced
  by external parameters (ip_id_behavior, reordering_ratio and
  UDP-Lite's coverage_behavior). This makes no technical change,
  but there were some worries that this was not completely correct with
  how the FN expects it to be, so I made this change
- 6.8.2.1. (design rationale) was re-phrased somewhat. Since this
section
  does not contain any normative content it does not affect profile
  operation, but hopefully makes it easier for the reader to understand
  the purposes of the formats

Other than that, I would suggest you check the diff here (if not 
available yet, it should be there soon):

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/rohc/draft-ietf-rohc-rfc3095bis-rohcv2-profiles
/draft-ietf-rohc-rfc3095bis-rohcv2-profiles-03-from-02.diff.html

Hopefully we can drag this one to IETF last-call very very soon!

Best Regards,
   Kristofer & Ghyslain

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

---

From: "Jin, Haipeng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 17:23:32 -0800

Hi, Kristofer and Ghyslain,

Thanks for turning around the new revision quickly. 

I am fine with the changes related to my comments.

Best Regards,
Haipeng

-----Original Message-----
From: Kristofer Sandlund [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 12:24 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Ghyslain Pelletier
Subject: [rohc] Rev -03 of ROHCv2 profiles draft submitted

Hi all,

Best Regards,
   Kristofer & Ghyslain

---

From: Carl Knutsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:04:56 +0100

Haipeng,

Thank you for the follow-up on your CDR review/comments.

Best Regards,

Carl Knutsson