Subject: [rohc] RFC 5858 on IPsec Extensions to Support Robust Header Compression over IPsec

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 16:07:50 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5858

        Title:      IPsec Extensions to Support Robust 
                    Header Compression over IPsec 
        Author:     E. Ertekin, C. Christou,
                    C. Bormann
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 31539
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rohc-ipsec-extensions-hcoipsec-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5858.txt

Integrating Robust Header Compression (ROHC) with IPsec (ROHCoIPsec)
offers the combined benefits of IP security services and efficient
bandwidth utilization.  However, in order to integrate ROHC with
IPsec, extensions to the Security Policy Database (SPD) and Security
Association Database (SAD) are required.  This document describes the
IPsec extensions required to support ROHCoIPsec.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Robust Header Compression Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC