Subject: [rohc] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5857 (2274)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 00:21:43 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5857,
"IKEv2 Extensions to Support Robust Header Compression over IPsec".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5857&eid=2274

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Alfred Hoenes <[email-masked]>

Section: 3.1, pg.4

Original Text
-------------
[[ first paragraph on page 4: ]]
 
  A new Notify Message Type value, denoted ROHC_SUPPORTED, indicates
   that the Notify payload is conveying ROHC channel parameters (Section
|  4).

Corrected Text
--------------
   A new Notify Message Type value, denoted ROHC_SUPPORTED, indicates
   that the Notify payload is conveying ROHC channel parameters (Section
|  3.1.2).

Notes
-----
Rationale:
  Section 4 of RFC 5857 is "Security Considerations"; the various ROHC
  parameters that can/must be signaled via this Notify payload are
  described in Section 3.1.2 of RFC 5857.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5857 (draft-ietf-rohc-ikev2-extensions-hcoipsec-12)
--------------------------------------
Title               : IKEv2 Extensions to Support Robust Header Compression over IPsec
Publication Date    : May 2010
Author(s)           : E. Ertekin, C. Christou, R. Jasani, T. Kivinen, C. Bormann
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Robust Header Compression
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Robert Stangarone <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 01:47:14 -0700

I concur with this assertion that Section 4 is an incorrect reference.

It is also interesting to note that the current HTML markup for the
reference's hyperlink is broken: i.e.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5857#section-

NOTE: the missing "4" that should be present for the link to work.

I think that the correction should be to point to Section 3.1.1, instead
of the suggested Section 3.1.2.

Section 3.1.1 provides an explanation of how "the ROHC_SUPPORTED Notify
message is used to signal channel parameters ...". And it also goes on
to discuss how the "ROHC Attributes" are related to the ROHC Channel
parameters.

Thoughts?

Bob

On 05/19/2010 12:21 AM, RFC Errata System wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Rohc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc
> ************************************************************************
> This mail originated from the whataboutbob.org  domain.
> For any issues related to this mail, or the whataboutbob.org
> domain, contact [email-masked]
> 
> Processed by .25
> ************************************************************************
> 
************************************************************************
This mail originated from the whataboutbob.org  domain.
For any issues related to this mail, or the whataboutbob.org
domain, contact [email-masked]

Processed by .254
************************************************************************