Subject: [rohc] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5858 (2276)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 05:59:50 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5858,
"IPsec Extensions to Support Robust Header Compression over IPsec".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5858&eid=2276

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Alfred Hoenes <[email-masked]>

Section: 3.2, pg. 5

Original Text
-------------
   The data items contained within the SAD are defined in RFC 4301
   [IPSEC], Section 4.4.2.1.  To support ROHC, the SAD must include a
|  "ROHC Data Item"; this data item contains parameters used by ROHC
   instance.  The ROHC Data Item exists for both inbound and outbound
   SAs.

   The ROHC Data Item includes the ROHC channel parameters for the SA.
   These channel parameters (i.e., MAX_CID, PROFILES, MRRU) are
   enumerated above in Section 3.1.  For inbound SAs, the ROHC Data Item
   MUST specify the ROHC channel parameters that are used by the local
   decompressor instance; conversely, for outbound SAs, the ROHC Data
|  Item MUST specify the ROHC channel parameters that are used by local
   compressor instance.

Corrected Text
--------------
   The data items contained within the SAD are defined in RFC 4301
   [IPSEC], Section 4.4.2.1.  To support ROHC, the SAD must include a
|  "ROHC Data Item"; this data item contains parameters used by the ROHC
   instance.  The ROHC Data Item exists for both inbound and outbound
   SAs.

   The ROHC Data Item includes the ROHC channel parameters for the SA.
   These channel parameters (i.e., MAX_CID, PROFILES, MRRU) are
   enumerated above in Section 3.1.  For inbound SAs, the ROHC Data Item
   MUST specify the ROHC channel parameters that are used by the local
   decompressor instance; conversely, for outbound SAs, the ROHC Data
|  Item MUST specify the ROHC channel parameters that are used by the
   local compressor instance.

Notes
-----
Rationale: missing definite article (2 instances)

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5858 (draft-ietf-rohc-ipsec-extensions-hcoipsec-08)
--------------------------------------
Title               : IPsec Extensions to Support Robust Header Compression over IPsec
Publication Date    : May 2010
Author(s)           : E. Ertekin, C. Christou, C. Bormann
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Robust Header Compression
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Robert Stangarone <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 01:53:29 -0700

Agreed. Nice catch again.

Bob

On 05/19/2010 05:59 AM, RFC Errata System wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Rohc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc
> ************************************************************************
> This mail originated from the whataboutbob.org  domain.
> For any issues related to this mail, or the whataboutbob.org
> domain, contact [email-masked]
> 
> Processed by .25
> ************************************************************************
> 
************************************************************************
This mail originated from the whataboutbob.org  domain.
For any issues related to this mail, or the whataboutbob.org
domain, contact [email-masked]

Processed by .254
************************************************************************