Subject: OSPF-TE draft <draft-srisuresh-ospf-te-02.txt>

From: Pyda Srisuresh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 23:23:24 -0700 (PDT)

Bill,

Thanks for resurrecting the routing-discussion mailing list. This is 
valuable for the drafts that cross multiple groups, in the routing 
and sub-ip areas.

The OSPF-TE draft above is one such draft. The OSPF-TE is based on 
using TE LSAs to disseminate TE metrics. An independent TE-LSDB is 
generated to compute TE circuit paths. The OSPF-TE offers a 
single, unified mechanism for traffic engineering across packet and 
non-packet networks, and may be adapted for a peer networking model.
As such, the above draft is applicable in the routing and sub-ip areas.

When I proposed this for CCAMP WG about an year ago, Kireeti pointed me to 
the OSPF WG. I had several e-mail exchanges with John and asked whether
he believed this draft belonged in the OSPF WG charter. No response to 
date from John. 

Because of the way the work groups are setup, I find that piece-meal,
partial solutions are taking the agenda in a WG and other solutions
are being jettisoned in preference to the piece-meal solutions. It has
been a rather frustrating experience for me in the OSPF WG.

Look forward to hearing from you on the OSPF-TE draft. Thanks.

regards,
suresh

--- Bill Fenner <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Dear Routing Area participants,
> 
>   Alex and I have resurrected the routing-discussion mailing list,
> [email-masked] ([email-masked] to
> subscribe, or https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/routing-discussion).
> This list is intended for use for general routing area issues, especially
> routing-related items that cross multiple working groups or do not fall
> specifically within a given group's charter.  It will also be used for
> cross-area coordination of routing issues.
> 
>   Please sign up for the list if you are interested.
> 
> Thanks,
>   Bill and Alex.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> routing-discussion mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/routing-discussion

=====

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Health - your guide to health and wellness
http://health.yahoo.com

_______________________________________________
routing-discussion mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/routing-discussion