Subject: Correct URL for Liasion statement

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 20:50:37 -0800

The correct URL from the Q.14/15 liasion discussed at the
Routing Area meeting (http://www.ietf.org/IESG/LIAISON/ls15-39-1.htm)
is:

ftp://sg15opticalt:[email-masked]/tsg15opticaltransport/COMMUNICATIONS/index.html

Note: "otxchange", not "otxchage".

  Bill
_______________________________________________
routing-discussion mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/routing-discussion

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 17:40:34 -0800

Curtis,

  Sorry for the delay, I was kinda swamped during the meeting.

  I think all of the links are fixed.  There was a typo on the
IETF web site, and a bad PDF file on the ITU server, which were
fixed as I discovered them.  I'm able to read the statements
and the documents starting at www.ietf.org and just clicking; the
meat is at

ftp://sg15opticalt:[email-masked]/tsg15opticaltransport/COMMUNICATIONS/ccamp/IETF_ccamp_routing.html

(Although this link is past a page that wants me to promise that I
won't disseminate this information outside of my organization, for
this purpose I consider my organization to be the IETF.)

The two PDF documents at the bottom are both readable in either
adobe acrobat or GNU ghostscript.

  The upshot is that Q.14/15 is defining routing protocols for
ASON networks, and they want the IETF's help to understand if
they can re-use existing protocols e.g. ISIS or OSPF.  There is an
invitation to the Q.14/15 meeting in Chicago in June for those who
are interested.

  Although the tendency is usually for the IETF to say "we're not
interested in that work, go away", I'd like instead for us to at
least understand what they want and provide IETF feedback on their
plans.  If we work together during the whole process it's much less
likely that the end result will be something we want to kill.

  Bill

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 17:40:34 -0800

Curtis,

  Bill