Subject: CODE:BELLMAN FORD

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 18:37:13 +1000

Hi,
 
 I need a code for Bellman Ford algorithm.It could be in any 
language.
My question is:
Write a program which generates a network with controllable 
number of nodes N.The easiest way 2 do this is to start with 
a rectangle with sides X and Y.Use a pair of random numbers rx
(n) and ry(n) to set coordianates of point, n at X rx(n) and 
Y ry(n).Allow n to cover the range 1 to N.ur program must 
decide whether a link exists between every pair of nodes.This 
can be done based on distance between them. It could be 
decided that a link exists if the distance between 2 nodes is 
less than a certain distance.
Extend the program so that it simulates operation of BGP for 
1 node at a time.Start the program with a fixed set of link 
costs perhaps unity.Set N=10.Now change value of 1 link only 
and allow program 2 run until all routing tables r 
stable.Measure time taken 2 reach stability.Repeat this test 
100 times & find average time 2 reach stability.Repeat this 
with N=32,100,316,1000.Present results graphically showing 
settling time vs number of nodes.
I request you 2 send me this solution by 20 May to 
[email-masked]
Thanks a lot.I would appreciate ur favour very much.
Robin.

_______________________________________________
routing-discussion mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/routing-discussion

---

From: "J. Noel Chiappa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 19:33:02 -0400

> From: [email-masked]

    > I need a code for Bellman Ford algorithm. .. My question is:
    > Write a program which generates a network
    > ...
    > I request you 2 send me this solution by 20 May

Maybe you should do your own homework assignment, instead of asking someone
else to do it for you?

	Noel

---

From: Jeff Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 19:37:55 -0400

I think we could eliminate a hop if we just sent the solution directly to
the professor running the course.  If you give us his (her) e-mail, I'd be
happy to communicate directly with him (her).

- jeff parker