Subject: Review Request: draft-turk-bgp-dos (Configuring BGP to Block Denial-of-Service Attacks)

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:57:31 -0700

Folks,

 The RFC Editor received a request to publish draft-turk-bgp-dos-04.txt
 as an Informational RFC. Below is the Abstract from the draft:

   This document describes an operational technique that uses BGP
   communities to remotely trigger black-holing of a particular
   destination network to block denial-of-service attacks.   Black-
   holing can be applied on a selection of routers rather than all BGP-
   speaking routers in the network.   The document also describes a
   sinkhole tunnel technique using BGP communities and tunnels to pull
   traffic into a sinkhole router for analysis.

 The document is available at:
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-turk-bgp-dos-04.txt

 The IESG would like to solicit comments on this document to ensure
 sufficient community review. Please read the document and indicate if
 you support it going forward by October 3rd, 2003.

 This message will be forwarded as an FYI to certain individual WGs
 and directorates. However, please send your comments to
 [email-masked] or directly to me.

-- 
Alex Zinin
IETF RTG Area co-Director
http://www.psg.com/~zinin/

_______________________________________________
routing-discussion mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/routing-discussion