Subject: Review Request: draft-hardie-bounded-longest-match-05.txt

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 15:03:38 -0700

Folks-

 I've received a request to progress draft-hardie-bounded-longest-match-05.txt,
 "Bounding Longest Match", to the INFORMATIONAL RFC status as an individual
 submission.

 To ensure proper IETF community review, I am soliciting comments on this
 document. Please send your comments to the [email-masked] mailing
 list by June 1st, 2004.

 The document is available at:
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hardie-bounded-longest-match-05.txt

 The abstract of the document:

   Some ASes currently use length-based filters to manage the size of
   the routing table they use and propagate.  This draft explores an
   alternative to length-based filters which allows for more automatic
   configuration and which provides for better redundancy.

   Rather than use a filter, this draft proposes a method of modifying
   the BGP longest match algorithm by setting a bound on the prefix
   lengths eligible for preference.  A bound would operate on long
   prefixes when covering route announcements are available; in certain
   circumstances it would cause a router to prefer an aggregate over a
   more specific route announcement.

-- 
Alex
IETF RTG Area co-Director
http://www.psg.com/~zinin/

_______________________________________________
routing-discussion mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/routing-discussion