Subject: Re: draft-hardie-bounded-longest-match-05.txt

From: Senthil Ayyasamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 07:19:29 +0530

Do the filtered prefix actually becomes unreachable?  As the draft
proposes a change at implementation level(not just operational best
practice,) it is very necessary to check this one.

what is the major reason for stripping out more specifics based on
local configuration ( filtering  customer side misconfigurations - to
avoid problems like  AS 7007 incident or contain routing table size)?

thanks

_______________________________________________
routing-discussion mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/routing-discussion

---

From: Russ White <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 22:41:19 -0400 (EDT)

> practice,) it is very necessary to check this one.

No, the way bounding longest match works, you'd never lose actual
connectivity. The only way you'd ever filter a route is if you have a
shorter prefix route that overlaps it.

> what is the major reason for stripping out more specifics based on local
> configuration ( filtering customer side misconfigurations - to avoid
> problems like AS 7007 incident or contain routing table size)?

Containing routing table size.

:-)

Russ

__________________________________
[email-masked] CCIE <>< Grace Alone