Subject: question on RFC1771 9.1.3

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 10:42:43 -0800

Hi,

Can someone enlighten me on one paragraph on BGP RFC 1771 ?

"   For the benefit of future support of inter-AS multicast
capabilities,
   a BGP speaker that participates in inter-AS multicast routing shall
   advertise a route it receives from one of its external peers and if

Rekhter & Li                                                   [Page 38]
 
RFC 1771                         BGP-4                        March 1995

   it installs it in its Loc-RIB, it shall advertise it back to the peer
   from which the route was received. For a BGP speaker that does not
   participate in inter-AS multicast routing such an advertisement is

   optional."

I cannot figure out where it applied to and how it works? Is this
mandatory requirement for supporting MSDP?

Appreciate for the help.

Jason

_______________________________________________
routing-discussion mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/routing-discussion