Subject: Fwd: Last Call: <draft-mm-wg-effect-encrypt-13.txt> (Effect of Pervasive Encryption on Operators) to Informational RFC

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 08:23:59 -0500

I would like to call folks attention to this draft, that is in IETF Last
Call again.
Additional reviews and feedback would be appreciated.

Regards,
Alia

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 9:06 AM
Subject: Last Call: <draft-mm-wg-effect-encrypt-13.txt> (Effect of
Pervasive Encryption on Operators) to Informational RFC
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'Effect of Pervasive Encryption on Operators'
  <draft-mm-wg-effect-encrypt-13.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-12-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Pervasive Monitoring (PM) attacks on the privacy of Internet users is
   of serious concern to both the user and the operator communities.
   RFC7258 discussed the critical need to protect users' privacy when
   developing IETF specifications and also recognized making networks
   unmanageable to mitigate PM is not an acceptable outcome, an
   appropriate balance is needed.  This document discusses current
   security and network management practices that may be impacted by the
   shift to increased use of encryption to help guide protocol
   development in support of manageable, secure networks.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mm-wg-effect-encrypt/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mm-wg-effect-encrypt/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.