Subject: Re: Proposed RPS Workgroup Charter Revision

From: Glenn Mansfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 23:23:06 +0900 (JST)

Harald,

   >>This group would then parallel the MBONED and NGTRANS activities.
   >>
   >>RPSD, anyone?
   >>
Our  group  made a proposal for providing  SNMP access to the RPS info 
server   for  management  purposes  [ managing  the  RPS  info  server 
itself and for serving  management  applications ] at the last Chicago
RPS-WG meeting. 

One of the  suggestions  we  received was  that the proposal should be 
taken up by a new working group. The Chair's were [Rightly !] concerned 
about the charter and IESG's probable displeasure at attempts to extend 
the charter. 

I would  think that  the RPSD-wg  would be a  more appropriate place to 
discuss the matter. Our work is progressing and by the next IETF we will 
icertainly bring a more convincing proposal to the RPSD, if there is one.

I am keen to see an  IETF-RPSD-WG.

Cheers

Glenn

 *****************************************************************
 * Glenn Mansfield                      Phone : +81-22-303-4012  *
 * Cyber Solutions Inc.                 Fax   : +81-22-303-4015  *
 * 6-6-3, Minami Yoshinari              e-mail: [email-masked] *
 * Sendai, Japan. 989-3204                                       *
 *****************************************************************

---

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 12:12:30 -0500

In message <[email-masked]>, Glenn Mansfield writ
> Our  group  made a proposal for providing  SNMP access to the RPS info 

I think that the larger issue was that there did not appear to be any
interest in using the MIB or supporting it in the registry code bases.

We can review this decison at tommorrows WG meeting and formally ask
the WG for comment and try to get a better gauge of consensus.

Curtis