Subject: [RPSEC] I-D ACTION:draft-ng-sobgp-bgp-extensions-02.txt

From: Russ White <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 20:12:54 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Extensions to BGP to Support Secure Origin BGP
(soBGP)
	Author(s)	: J. Ng
	Filename	: draft-ng-sobgp-bgp-extensions-02.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2004-4-16

There is a great deal of concern over the security of routing systems
within the Internet, particularly in relation to the Border Gateway
Protocol [BGP], which is used to provide routing information between
autonomous systems. This document proposes a system where the origin
of any advertisement within BGP can be verified and authenticated,
preventing the advertisement of prefix blocks by unauthorized
networks, and verifying that the final destination in the path is
actually within the autonomous system to which the packets are being
routed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ng-sobgp-bgp-extensions-02.txt

__________________________________
[email-masked] CCIE <>< Grace Alone

_______________________________________________
RPSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rpsec