Subject: Re: [rrg] Relativity & generality and Terminology, 3rd pass

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 10:40:15 -0400 (EDT)

> From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>

    >> 'locator: name of a location in the network connectivity graph'

    > a version that appears to be logically complete and unambiguous. 

Did you want to expand it to include the ability to name chunks of the
network, too?

I.e. 'name of either i) a location in the network connectivity graph, or ii)
a contiguous portion of the network'?

For routing purposes, one usually has to name areas of the network...

	Noel

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 09:41:34 +1200

> For routing purposes, one usually has to name areas of the network...

I could argue, given that the Internet is a network of networks,
that your definition already covers this recursively.

Then, we can argue for some time whether an AS# is a locator ;-)

   Brian