Subject: [rrg] Procedure: ID

From: Toni Stoev <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 15:20:06 +0300

Do we need an Identity Research Group to explore various identity appplications or are we still focused on routing aspect?

---

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 10:54:37 -0400

Excerpts from Toni Stoev on Fri, Apr 24, 2009 03:20:06PM +0300:
> Do we need an Identity Research Group to explore various identity
> appplications or are we still focused on routing aspect?

Once upon a time "locator/identifier separation" referred to something
that was expected to happen very close to IP forwarding -- most likely
with whole-host identifiers carried in every packet.  Our thinking
evolved some, through the namespace research group and so on, and now
we have more sophisticated ideas of what needs to be identified -- and
even what kinds of identification functions are involved -- but the
problem affects a lot of areas of the IRTF/IETF and there is no
natural home for it right now.

---

From: Toni Stoev <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 20:14:19 +0300

> natural home for it right now.

OK then, I am continuing posting on identity topic, regarding:

- connection initiation;
- link changeability and node mobility;
- distribution of locator data across the general network.

> _______________________________________________
> rrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/rrg
>