Subject: [rrg] Locator

From: Toni Stoev <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 02:31:57 +0300

Dear fellow researchers,

I guess Tony has been abducted by real world beings.
So I am continuing his brave efforts.

Let us prepare locator for routing scalability.
As an initial step, please share your opinion on the following question:
In the general network, what does a universally recognizable locator actually name: a node, an interface, or something else?
My opinion is that the locator must name a node.

Toni

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 16:56:40 -0700

On May 12, 2009, at 4:31 PM, Toni Stoev wrote:

> In the general network, what does a universally recognizable locator  
> actually name: a node, an interface, or something else?

That depends largely on your definition of a locator. RFC 1498 would  
have it name a node. RFC 1992 would have it name a transport  
connection endpoint - the underbelly of an application. LISP would  
have it name a network. GSE would have it name a LAN.