Subject: Re: [rrg] Scalable Internet

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 16:12:09 EST

In einer eMail vom 19.11.2009 16:42:24 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt  
[email-masked]:

Like I  said, the chief difficulty with any new architecture we come up with
is not  designing the architecture - any competent architect can do that.
Coming up  with a way to deploy it is the real challenge.

Noel

Noel, 
Sorry, this last sentence isn't true at all. For about ten years the  base 
has been provided to get whichever architecture into deployment.  
Concurrently!  Although it looks like, there is no need to succeed in the  current 
"run" for being considered/recommended to the IETF. Any alternative  approach 
has still its chance.
 
Heiner

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 16:14:10 EST

In einer eMail vom 19.11.2009 16:55:05 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt  
[email-masked]:

Very  clear. I totally agree to this.

Whether a name be numeric, non-numeric,  alpha-numeric is not an issue; I 
used to teach my student this way, too. In  fact, string name and a numeric 
id is the same thing.

OK, people are  now wiser, so I'd also conform to this generic use of the 
term  'name'.

Goethe, Faust: Namen sind Schall und Rauch. (names are noise and  smoke)
 
Heiner