Subject: Re: [rrg] NERD

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 19:37:06 -0500 (EST)

> From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>

    > Well if you think a cached database will be long, how long will it take
    > to download the entire NERD cache?

Err, all my comments were in the context of comparing your suggestion with
the stuff that's currently deployed (i.e. the ALT mapping system), not with
NERD.

    > One reason to preload the ITR is so it wouldn't have to drop packets
    > waiting for resolution. 

Ah, good point.

	Noel

---

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 16:41:49 -0800

> the stuff that's currently deployed (i.e. the ALT mapping system),  

Okay, understand now. So if a map-resolver attached to the ALT is  
caching mappings, yes the delay to get them on demand will be less  
than having to forward on the ALT and to the ETRs.

You are talking about latency, I am trying to not drop packets without  
having to queue them.

Dino

> _______________________________________________
> rrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/rrg