Subject: [rrg] Resend: Re: Thanks for the summaries; next steps

From: Tony Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 08:21:57 -0800

Thanks to all for the comments about the schedule.

Our hard deadline is 3/8/10.  That's the cutoff date for I-D submissions 
before Anaheim.  That gives us almost 11 weeks and we have three 
sections left to write.

If we divide the time evenly, that leaves us about 3 weeks per section. 
    So we could reasonably move the deadline to 1/12/10.

Can folks live with that?

Tony

---

From: Dan Jen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 09:04:01 -0800

Hey Tony,

I noticed you ACKed the other proposal summary receipts but not
"Aggregation with Increasing Scopes: An Evolutionary Path Towards Global
Routing Scalability".  I don't think it's much of a problem, but some of
the authors pushed me to ask you if there was any particular reason for
it.

Dan Jen

On Thu, 2009-12-24 at 08:21 -0800, Tony Li wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> rrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/rrg

---

From: Lixia Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 09:05:02 -0800

On Dec 24, 2009, at 8:21 AM, Tony Li wrote:

> Our hard deadline is 3/8/10.

slight clarification:

   2010-03-01 (Monday): Internet Draft Cut-off for initial document
   (-00) submission by 17:00 PST (01:00 Tuesday, March 2 UTC)

(I said clarification instead of correction because (1) we do have to  
submit something on 3/1/10, and (2) yes we can continue to polish and  
send a new version by 3/8 :)

>  That's the cutoff date for I-D submissions before Anaheim.  That  
> gives us almost 11 weeks and we have three sections left to write.
>
> If we divide the time evenly, that leaves us about 3 weeks per  
> section.    So we could reasonably move the deadline to 1/12/10.
>

1/12 is Tue, to me that is about as good as 1/15 Friday.
(as Ran said earlier, during the week we all busy with day job)

Lixia

---

From: Tony Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 11:25:19 -0800

> send a new version by 3/8 :)

True, but I want to submit the first version with just the summaries 
ASAP.  So the -00 deadline doesn't apply.

> (as Ran said earlier, during the week we all busy with day job)

Slips happen one day at a time.  Folks with day jobs (me included) can 
get things done on the previous weekend.  How about we keep it at 1/12?

Tony

---

From: Tony Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 11:26:33 -0800

> the authors pushed me to ask you if there was any particular reason for

Dan,

I'm ACKing them when I've folded in the text.  And several ACKs seem to 
have been eaten by the mailing list.  ;-(

In any case, as long as submissions show up in the archives as arriving 
in time, you're covered.

Tony