Subject: Re: [rrg] Thanks for the summaries; next steps

From: RJ Atkinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 13:18:27 -0500

I concur with both Juan Jose Adan & Hannu Flick that
the proposed analysis deadline of 5th January 2010
is not reasonable or workable due to the Winter holidays.

Many folks either are already away on family vacations
or have long-scheduled family vacations between now and
2nd January.

For many (all ?) proposals, a thorough analysis cannot be 
performed based solely on the summaries.  Instead, folks 
generally will need to read various background materials 
(e.g. Internet Drafts, published papers, presentations) 
in order to do a reasonable job of analysis.

I'd propose Friday 15th January 2010 as the deadline, instead.

That would give ~2 working weeks for folks to put together 
reasonable analysis text after the holidays.

Yours,

Ran Atkinson

---

From: Robin Whittle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 15:22:21 +1100

I support Ran's request for a later deadline such as 15th January for
the "analysis sections".

5th January is too soon anyway - there are a bunch of proposals to
read in detail, and I think most of us want or need to be doing
something quite different in the next two weeks.

I will be updating the Ivip IDs - including a rewrite of Ivip-arch,
since it is out-of-date and over-complex.

If all goes well I will have a spruced up web-page and fresh,
up-to-date, IDs in the first few days of January.

  - Robin