Subject: [rrg] a quick critique on 2-phased mapping

From: Lixia Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 23:27:45 -0800

This is a simple idea on how to scale mapping. However personally I  
feel the design is too incomplete to be considered a serious input to  
RRG. Take the following 2 issues as example:

First, in this 2-phase scheme, an AS is essentially the unit of  
destinations (i.e. sending ITRs find out destination AS D, then send  
data to one of of D's ETR).  This does not offer much choice for  
traffic engineering.

Second, there is no consideration whatsoever on failure detection and  
handling.

Lixia

---

From: Tony Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 15:16:00 -0800

Lixia Zhang wrote:
> This is a simple idea on how to scale mapping. However personally I feel 
> the design is too incomplete to be considered a serious input to RRG. 
> Take the following 2 issues as example:
> 
> data to one of of D's ETR).  This does not offer much choice for traffic 
> engineering.
> 

Received and incorporated.

Tony