Subject: Re: [rrg] LISP critique

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 23:32:33 -0500 (EST)

> From: Robin Whittle <[email-masked]>

    >> Understood, but that does not vitiate either half of the suggestion
    >> above. After all, as I pointed out, the mapping service interface _is_
    >> already specified.

    > I have only got 500 words. 

I wasn't suggesting any extra text, merely a different organization.

    > I am writing a critique - not an official RRG assessment of LISP.

But there will only be one critique in the document, therefore your text
comes awfully close to an "official RRG assessment of LISP".

	Noel

---

From: Tony Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 01:46:49 -0800

> comes awfully close to an "official RRG assessment of LISP".

The document that we are compiling is a multi-contribution survey, and 
is NOT the consensus of the RG.  There is nothing "official" about the 
opinions represented in the document.

This issue was raised privately by Joel (not Noel ;-) and he has 
contributed some text to the introduction to clarify this.

Regards,
Tony