Subject: [rrg] I plan to write critiques of LISP and TIDR

From: Robin Whittle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 03:13:06 +1100

Over the weekend I intend to write critiques of LISP and TIDR - the
only other core-edge separation proposals apart from Ivip.

I have read the TIDR ID and plan to check my understanding of TIDR
with Juanjo before finalising what I write.

Then I plan to post them to the list.  This can be raw material for
other people to discuss, criticise, contribute to or whatever happens
to arrive at a critique which most or all interested people (except
probably the proponents!) are happy with.

I understand from Lixia's message 05558 that the deadline is this
Friday - but I will probably need till Sunday or Monday.  Later, I
intend to write critiques of all the other proposals.  That may be
too late for the deadline, but I want to read them all and write what
I think about them.

  - Robin

---

From: Lixia Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 00:28:26 -0800

> too late for the deadline, but I want to read them all and write what

Robin,

I believe people would all appreciate the effort you put into RRG  
work. Regarding the deadline: yes I did say 1/15, but Tony argued for  
1/12, and now I'd like to second your vote for Monday 1/18 as I myself  
need that few extra days as well.

Lixia

---

From: "Robin Whittle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 10:08:33 +1100 (EST)

Hi Lixia,

Thanks very much for this.

 - Robin

> work. Regarding the deadline: yes I did say 1/15, but Tony argued
> for 1/12, and now I'd like to second your vote for Monday 1/18 as
> I myself need that few extra days as well.