Subject: [rrg] FW: RFC 6139 on Routing and Addressing in Networks with Global EnterpriseRecursion (RANGER) Scenarios

From: "Templin, Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 09:49:30 -0800

Here is another new RFC of interest to this group. Most
notably, IRON provides a routing and addressing solution
to the problem statement outlined in Section 6 of RANGERS.

Fred
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 10:30 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 6139 on Routing and Addressing in Networks with Global EnterpriseRecursion (RANGER) Scenarios

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6139

        Title:      Routing and Addressing in Networks 
                    with Global Enterprise Recursion (RANGER) Scenarios 
        Author:     S. Russert, Ed.,
                    E. Fleischman, Ed.,
                    F. Templin, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       February 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      39
        Characters: 101101
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-russert-rangers-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6139.txt

"Routing and Addressing in Networks with Global Enterprise Recursion
(RANGER)" (RFC 5720) provides an architectural framework for scalable
routing and addressing.  It provides an incrementally deployable
approach for scalability, provider independence, mobility,
multihoming, traffic engineering, and security.  This document
describes a series of use cases in order to showcase the
architectural capabilities.  It further shows how the RANGER
architecture restores the network-within-network principles
originally intended for the sustained growth of the Internet.  
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce