Subject: Re: [Rserpool] Requirements draft

From: "Lyndon Ong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 08:47:35 -0700

>However, it should be understood that there are many circumstances in
>which the service can be malfunctioning that will not be discovered by a
>naming service heartbeat. As a result, you will need to be able to also
>take various "third party feedback" -- some of which will be from trusted
>parties (application layer monitoring stations), and some of which will
>not (e.g. client feedback). DNS load balancing implementations have
>frequently been able to take trusted feedback into account. 

Bernard,

Can you point me to a good reference on this feedback mechanism in DNS?

Thanks,

Lyndon

Join 18 million Eudora users by signing up for a free Eudora Web-Mail account at http://www.eudoramail.com

_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 08:09:01 -0700

Distributed Director does this, among other Cisco products, as does
Akamai, and (I presume) Digital Island.

--
Eliot Lear
[email-masked]