Subject: [Rserpool] 51st IETF Rserpool Meeting Summary

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:17:07 -0500

This is the summary that we sent to the area directors following the
London meeting.  More detailed minutes will follow.

-- maureen

Mobile: (607)227-2933

Summary of the Rserpool meeting: 
  
Report on Reliable Server Pooling WG, Monday August 6 
IETF 51 
Co-Chairs: 
Lyndon Ong [email-masked]
Maureen Stillman [email-masked] 

Currently the Rserpool requirements document is on track for approval as

an 
informational RFC.  The IESG will review this document shortly.  We have

two working group documents that are drafts for the Rserpool protocol. 
At this WG meeting we discussed several new ideas for protocol changes 
to the WG documents Aggregate Access Protocol (ASAP) and Endpoint Name
Resolution Protocol (ENRP).   The inclusion of Service Layer Protocol
(SLP) into the Rserpool architecture was presented and debated. Major
security issues were raised during the WG discussions.   The area
director reminded the group of the new encryption directive from the 
IESG. 

Further discussion of the new technical ideas for the protocol will be 
continued on the list.  A design team to discuss security issues is 
being formed.  The group will formulate the problem and scope of the 
working group effort and present this to the list for comment. 

_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool