Subject: [Rserpool] IANA stuff

From: Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 22:54:25 +0100

Dear all,

I would like to start RSerPool support for Ethereal. To be able
to publish the dissectors we need to register for payload protocol
identier and port numbers. Who will do this? The WG chairs? Any
suggestions? Comments?

Best regards
Michael

[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool

---

From: Qiaobing Xie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 12:31:51 -0600

Hi, Michael,

I agree with you. But I am not sure whether at this point we know
exactly which well-known port numbers will be needed. One thing I'd like
to iron out at this meeting is the way we support non-SCTP transports
and non-multicast environment. I think once we get that clarified, we
will have a much better idea about the well-known port numbers.

Payload Protocol identifiers seem straightforward; we will need a PPID
for ENRP and one for ASAP.

regards,
-Qiaobing

---

From: Qiaobing Xie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 12:31:51 -0600

Hi, Michael,

regards,
-Qiaobing

---

From: Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 20:23:29 +0100

Hi Qiaobing,

I agree that we should fix the protocol stuff. This is also needed
for the architecture ID, I think, and is something I want to
discuss in the RSerPool meeting. We can request the necessary
numbers after the IETF.

Best regards
Michael

---

From: Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 20:23:29 +0100

Hi Qiaobing,

Best regards
Michael