Subject: [Rserpool] Summary of IETF #62

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:34:03 -0600

Here is what I sent to Allison and Jon on the meeting in Minneapolis.
Any comments?

Rserpool summary from IETF #62

Chairs:
Lyndon Ong [email-masked]
Maureen Stillman [email-masked]

This meeting was attended by approximately 25 people.

The Rserpool architecture document was discussed.  Changes in
terminology have been added to the document.  These changes are to
clarify the architecture and make it easier for the reader to understand
Rserpool.
The document contains several examples of applications of Rserpool.  We
added a load balancing example due to the recent work of the design team
in load balancing.  Due to these changes we will reissue the document
and perform another short last call.

ASAP and ENRP have been stable for a long time.  Currently, changes are
suggested on the mailing list from people who are writing
implementations.  Several changes have been incorporated into both
protocols.  They also have updated terminology to match the terminology
in the architecture document.  We solicit and encourage more
implementation feedback.

The load balancing design team has been meeting for four months and has
made good progress.  We are working with load balancing vendors to
understand their requirements.  Based on requirements, our goal is to
examine the advantages and disadvantages of several approaches.  Based
on the load balancing design, changes to the Rserpool protocol, if any,
will be proposed.  The design team is working on an internet draft to
reflect load balancing requirements.  Several scenarios were presented
at the meeting that have been discussed by the design team.  The design
team will continue to meet and is working on an internet draft on load
balancing requirements.

-- Maureen

_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool