Subject: [Rserpool] Major comments on the ENRP spec (draft-ietf-rserpool-enrp-13)

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 17:01:53 +0200

Hi,

Here are my comments that I provided in aural form after the RSERPool 
session at the IETF for improvements.

1. Security, primarily certificate and trust. This must be better 
explained so that people actually understand the need for different 
groups, different trust situation and the need to handle them differently.

2. Lack of procedures for handling overload. I think the protocols 
should discuss what it does when it gets to much requests etc. In which 
way should it act to provide best possible behavior. This I think boils 
down to which type of requests that should be prioritized over the 
other. Especially in combination with ASAP requests.

3. The documents are lackig good description on how to locate ENRP 
servers. Also the potential need to load balance PUs over ENRP servers.

4. ENRP and ASAP messages seems to be lacking some type of transaction 
identifiers that allow the requestor to map responses to requests. I 
think the main reason for allowing this is to allow a single entity to 
have more than one message in flight at any time with the same peer.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool