Subject: [Rserpool] AD comments on draft-ietf-rserpool-overview-02

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 18:37:46 +0200

Hi,

I have spent a few days reviewing the full set of RSERPOOL documents. So
here is the comments in a number of different emails. A general comment
about my comments on the full set is that some are not blocking
publication but things I think should be fixing anyway for getting the
document into better shape. However, many are such that I think they are
preventing people from making interoperable implementations.

I think I have only one real comment about this document. It fails a bit
short in being clear on the different communication flows that exist.
This lack of clear separation of the roles is also present in the
protocol specs that I think brings up details that belongs in other
specifications. More about this in the protocol spec docs.

I think one should work on expanding figure 1 to be better covering the
different elements of the solution and their flows. So a few proposals.

1. Try to work multiple ENRP into the figure or abstract them in this
one and add another figure that explains the relation between ENRP servers.

2. Look at the individual communication flows.
a. PU <-> ENRP
b. PU <-> PE
c. PE <-> ENRP
d. ENRP <-> ENRP

I would focus on what is happening in the different flows. But there is
problematic that an ENRP server uses both ASAP and ENRP depending who
and why it communicates with someone.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM/M
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool