Subject: [RSN] RL2N Comments

From: Zach Shelby <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 08:41:10 +0200

Hi all,

In my opinion the proposed RL2N charter is already pretty good, here is 
some support from our experience.

First I would like to stress the same as JP and Phil. There is a huge 
need for standardized IP WSN routing in well-scoped domains *now*, 
*today*, to solve *real problems*. For example here in Finland we are 
already rolling out fairly large 6lowpan (over 1000 node) networks in 
the industrial and building automation domains. Our direct 6lowpan node 
volume, will be well over 25k nodes in 2008. SP100 helps next year, but 
for many applications a simpler 6lowpan + rl2n routing solution would be 
more suitable.

Almost all customers love the IP + 802.15.4 concept. But the biggest 
concern they still have is a lack of a standard routing technique.

I think the charter text is good, and scoping to these 3 areas really 
keeps it focused. One comment:

- The relationship with 6lowpan and SP100 could be explicit in the 
charter text (not just work-items)?

Have fun in Boston!

- Zach

-- 
Zach Shelby | CTO | +358 40 7796297
Sensinode Ltd.   www.sensinode.com

_______________________________________________
RSN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rsn