Subject: query

From: Kiran Kumar A <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 18:16:36 +0530

Hi all,

        Can anybody clarify me the following doubt......

Does the PacketScheduler and PacketClassifier functionalities
are one of the functionalities of RSVP or it is totally different
from RSVP.
B'coz I didn't found any description about these things in RFC 2205
--
Thanx and regards,
Kiran Kumar Alampally

---

From: Swayam Prakash <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 08:45:24 +0530

Hi
They are not functionalities of  RsVP , those modules act at link
layer.FOr more clarity read RFC1633
-Swayam Prakash

---

From: Aditya M Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 10:31:54 +0530

Hi,

As Swayam indicated, the Scheduler and Classifier are not part of RSVP.
So it's no wonder you didn't find any description in rfc2205 :-)

The Flowspec parameters are opaque to RSVP. These are passed to the 
Traffic Control module, which implements the scheduling and 
classification functionality.

-aditya.

-- 
Aditya Thomas,
Software Engineer,
Sasken Communication Technologies Ltd.,
Bangalore,India.
Tel:080-5355501 ext:8249

learning curve, n.:
	An astonishing new theory, discovered by management consultants
	in the 1970's, asserting that the more you do something the
	quicker you can do it.

---

From: Kiran Kumar A <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:54:15 +0530

Hi,
          So whoever is developing RSVP need not to develop
the  PacketScheduler and PacketClassifier modules compulsorily.
Where can we find the source code of these two modules with documentation
so that we can understand the complete functionality and can start
deloping RSVP.

---

From: Aditya M Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 12:49:20 +0530

hi,

You could develop the signalling part of RSVP independantly.
Of course, for the data you transmit to get the required QoS parameters 
you'd have to have a Traffic Control (scheduler and classifier) module.

Some information on how RSVP could interact with the TC module could be 
obtained from rfc2209.
Also, you could take a look at: http://qos.ittc.ukans.edu/howto/

-aditya.

learning curve, n.: