Subject: LSP-TUNNEL session object

From: "Suja" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 18:15:41 +0530

Hi ,

I have a question on RSVP-TE  LSP-TUNNEL session object and Sender
template object.
Should the tunnel id and LSP id be unique ?

( The draft says that the Session object should be unique.)
This is with reference to the following statements in the lsp-tunnel
draft -09 in section 2.1

   "In some applications it is useful to associate sets of LSP tunnels.
   This can be useful during reroute operations or to spread a traffic
   trunk over multiple paths.  In the traffic engineering application
   such sets are called traffic engineered tunnels (TE tunnels).  To
   enable the identification and association of such LSP tunnels, two
   identifiers are carried.  A tunnel ID is part of the SESSION object.
   The SESSION object uniquely defines a traffic engineered tunnel.  The

   SENDER_TEMPLATE and FILTER_SPEC objects carry an LSP ID.  The
   SENDER_TEMPLATE (or FILTER_SPEC) object together with the SESSION
   object uniquely identifies an LSP tunnel

Thanks in advance,

Suja Venkitachalam