Subject: RSVP

From: "Gopinath G - CTD, Chennai." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 10:55:49 +0530

Hi there 

   How  RSVP/RSVP-TE  recognises its peers  ?  Is there any discovery
mechanism like in LDP 
or do we need to configure the peers ?

Thanks In Advance 

gopinathg

---

From: "Gopal@Home" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 23:08:59 -0500

There is a new extension, 'Hello message'(rfc3209) which helps to recognize
the presence or failure of the rsvp neighbor. This is optional and not
mandatory for Rsvp/Te.
Another way to know of the peers is when any rsvp message is recieved from
the peer.
Infact, recognizing the rsvp peer is not a requirement. The Ingress LSR
trigger Rsvp PATH msg after computing the constraint-path/route to the
egress LSR. The Label distribution is downstream-on-demand. The egress LSR
distributes the label thru Resv msg upon receiving PATH from the Ingress.
my 2c.

cheers,
gopal

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gopinath G - CTD, Chennai." <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2001 12:25 AM
Subject: RSVP

> or do we need to configure the peers ?

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com