Subject: MobiCom 02 - Early Registration Date Approaching

From: "Marwan M. Krunz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 05:24:31 -0700 (MST)

**** Please note that the cut-off date for early registeration is August 22 ***

=======================================
C A L L  for  P A R T I C I P A T I O N
=======================================

   ***  ACM MobiCom 2002  *** 

The Eighth ACM International Conference on
Mobile Computing and Networking

     September 23-28, 2002

Westin Peachtree Plaza, Atlanta, Georgia, USA

   Sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
MobiCom has grown in prestige since its inception in 1995 to
become the leading technical meeting to learn about the latest
and most exciting developments in mobile networking and 
computing. This year's conference includes 26 outstanding 
technical papers, 8 informative tutorials, two very interesting 
panels, an exceptional student poster session, and 6 full-day 
workshops that reflect important new research directions, 
including new workshops on sensor networks and wireless security.

As the global interest in mobile and wireless research and development
surges, come join the debate on the future of mobile and wireless
communication networks.

Please find below information concerning registration, 
hotel accommodation, and a summary of the MobiCom 2002 program.

We look forward to hosting you in Atlanta!

Ian F. Akyildiz
MobiCom 2002 General Chair

----------------------------------------------------------------------
FULL TECHNICAL PROGRAM:

http://www.acm.org/sigmobile/mobicom/2002/

SECURE ONLINE REGISTRATION:

Early Registration cut-off ** August 22, 2002**

http://www.regmaster.com/mobicom2002.html

CONFERENCE HOTEL/VENUE:

Hotel Registration cut-off **August 31, 2002**

http://www.acm.org/sigmobile/mobicom/2002/hotelinfo/

CONFERENCE PROGRAM SUMMARY:
---------------------------

+ 8 tutorials, September 23-24, 2002:

  Mobile IPv6
  Charles E. Perkins, Nokia Research Center

  Wireless Sensor Networks
  Deborah Estrin, University of California, Los Angeles
  Akbar Sayeed, University of Wisconsin-Madison
  Mani Srivastava, University of California, Los Angeles

  M-Commerce - Issues, Applications and Technologies
  Upkar Varshney, Georgia State University

  Mobile Computing Middleware
  Cecilia Mascolo, University College London

  Wireless IP Multimedia
  Henning Schulzrinne, Columbia University

  QoS Enhancements for Wireless Packet Networks
  Mike Tzamaloukas, Skymoon Ventures

  Wireless Data Network and Systems
  H. Anthony Chan, San Jose State University

  Mobile Ad Hoc Networking
  Elizabeth Belding-Royer, UC Santa Barbara,
  Sung-Ju Lee, HP Laboratories

+ 26 technical papers (September 25-27, 2002)
  covering sessions on:

  Security, media access control, transport layer issues,
  WLANs, sensor networks, energy efficient systems,
  wireless QOS, systems issues, and future research challenges.

+ 2 panels

  "Evolution of Mobile and Wireless Networks: Enablers and Inhibitors"
  Organizer and Moderator: Tom LaPorta, Lucent Technologies

  "Home Networks - Wired or Wireless?"
   Organizer and Moderator: Marie-Jose Montpetit, MJMontpetit.com

+ a student poster session (new to MobiCom)

+ a DEMO session of mobile and wireless kit

+ 6 one day ACM workshops, September 28, 2002:

   Workshop on Wireless Sensor Networks and Applications (WSNA 2002)

   Workshop on Wireless Security (WiSe)

   Workshop on Wireless Mobile Multimedia (WoWMoM 2002)

   Workshop on Discrete Algorithms and Methods for Mobile
   Computing and Communications (Dial M for Mobility 2002)

   Workshop on Modeling Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile
   Systems (MSWiM 2002)

   Workshop on Mobile Commerce