Subject: RE:

From: Bhaskara Peela <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 14:17:06 -0700

Hi Hemanth,

Using error node IP address, ingress node of LSP can know where the error
occurred by associating what kind of error and it can take some fault
correction action.  If resources are not available on that node, ingress
node can try establishing LSP in some other alternate path.

bhaskara

-----Original Message-----
From: Hemant Khare [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 1:16 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: 

Hi,

   I've a question. In RFC 2205 (RSVP)it is given that ERROR_SPEC 
object carries following information,

           1. Error code
           2. Error value
           3. some flags
           4. The IP address of the node in which the
              error was detected

   Purpose of 1,2,3 are clear to me. But purpose of carrying IP 
address of node which detected the error is not clear. When the 
intented node receives the error message (which carries 
ERROR_SPEC), what he'll do using this IP address? There must be 
some specific purpose, i think.

  Please let me know ur thoughts on this

Ragards and TIA
-hemanth
__________________________________________________________
Give your Company an email address like
ravi @ ravi-exports.com.  Sign up for Rediffmail Pro today!
Know more. http://www.rediffmailpro.com/signup/