Subject: [Rsvp] FYI: Request for registration of new RSVP Class

From: Bob Braden <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 23:15:45 GMT

In my role as "RSVP expert" for the IANA, I see a constant stream of
amazingly complex point solutions to particularly problems using
the RSVP framework.  Here is the latest example.  Take a look and
see what you think...is this still RSVP?

Thanks,

Bob Braden

_____________________________________________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2002 7:59 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: General Request for Assignments

Contact Name :
Kuntal Chowdhury

Contact Email :
[email-masked]

Type of Assignment :
Request to assign a Class Name, Class Number and C-Type for an Object to be
used by 3GPP2 with RSVP. The specifics of the object are as follows:

Class Name: 3GPP2_Object
Class Number: TBD
C-Type:
   Component       1

Registry :
RSVP PARAMETERS

Description :

3GPP2 (www.3GPP2.org) decided to use RSVP as a signaling mechanism for
flow mapping. For this purpose a set of packet filters along with per
flow treatment (such as header compression scheme to used etc.)
informations needs to be signaled by the mobile to the access router
(PDSN). 3GPP2 decided to use an Object for sending these informations
with RSVP signal.

Additional Info :

A detailed description is available at:
ftp://ftp.3gpp2.org/TSGP/Incoming/P20-20021112-003-R5_CiscoNtLuMo-RSVP-based
%20Flow%20Mapping%20Approach.doc

_______________________________________________
Rsvp mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.isi.edu/mailman/listinfo/rsvp