Subject: GTSMbis revived

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 23:14:04 +0300 (EEST)

Hello all,

GTSMbis document has been revived.  I'm currently holding the pen, and 
comments would be appreciated.  It should include all the comments 
received so far.

The most important changes:
  - Reduce multi-hop scenario (TrustRadius etc.) to only a mention in 
the appendix
  - GTSM procedure text rewritten based on Alex's suggestions
  - require that also TCP RSTs, ICMP errors, etc. that relate to a GTSM 
service must be sent with TTL=255.
  - require that TTL of originated GTSM traffic must not be decremented 
by the forwarding engine.
  - Update the security considerations on tunneling.

Comments on these changes would particularly appreciated.

Abstract

    The use of a packet's Time to Live (TTL) (IPv4) or Hop Limit (IPv6)
    to verify whether the packet originated within the same link has been
    used in many recent protocols.  This document generalizes this
    technique.  This document obsoletes RFC 3682.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtgwg-rfc3682bis-06.txt

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings

_______________________________________________
rtgwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtgwg

---

From: David Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:15:44 -0700

Thanks Pekka. Much appreciated. --dmm