Subject: Composite Link (CL) Requirements (draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement-05)

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 14:46:31 -0800

FYI -

I was going through email and noticed that the -04 version was expired
and that I was the person that was supposed to submit the -05 version
after the Taipei IETF.  (Oops!)

	Title           : Requirements for MPLS Over a Composite Link
	Author(s)       : Curtis Villamizar
                          Dave McDysan
                          So Ning
                          Andrew Malis
                          Lucy Yong
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement-05.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-01-30

Changes since October 24, 2011 to now:

  Changed date from October 24, 2011 to January 30, 2012

Changes since -04 version were presented in the IETF meeting by Ning
So, but I missed the submission date even though there were no changes
between October 24 and the submission deadline.

Changes since -04 version:

  Date changed.

  One author affiliation changed (me).

  Section 6 "Management Requirements" was added as discussed on list.

  Section numbers after section 6 shifted.

  Appendix A and B were removed and are moving to other documents.
  Appendix A will be moved into a "CL Use Cases" document.  Appendix B
  will be merged into the framework or may appear in a separate
  document that will simply document current practices.

  FR#21 was split into FR#21 and FR#22 to be more clear.

  Second paragraph (informational) in DR#1 was deleted.

  IEEE 802.1AX, ITU-T Y.154[01] deleted from references (was cited
  only in the appendices that were deleted.

We have good agreement on cl-framwork among authors and AFAIK on list
at this point.  We had last called but decided to do a last call on
cl-requirements and cl-framework together at a later date.

To do:

  1.  Complete and submit "CL Use Cases" (after discussing with
      co-authors).

  2.  Decide among authors whether former Appendix B should be part of
      the framework or expanded and submitted as a separate document.

  3.  Replace the following in "CL Requirements" (after #1, #2):

      Remove from Appendix A:

        The network operator practices appendix has been moved to a
        separate document. When that document has an XML I-D tag the
        references to this appendix will be changed to that document
        and this appendix will be deleted.

      Remove from Appendix B:

        The multipath standards and techniques appendix has been moved
        to a separate document. When that document has an XML I-D tag
        the references to this appendix will be changed to that
        document and this appendix will be deleted.

      The appendices may be deleted and replaced with a simple
      citation to related work in the main body and reference entry
      added.

  4.  Merge content of draft-villamizar-cl-framework (discussed at
      Quebec IETF) into cl-framework.  Make other framework changes as
      discussed among authors.  Will need a bit of discussion among
      co-authors before submitting.

I'm going through the email from August to now in hopes of picking up
all the changes to use-cases and cl-framwork suggested by co-authors.
Discussion related to cl-framework was lively at Quebec and just after
Quebec so cl-framwork will take at least a few cycles among the
co-authors before seeing the light of day.

Curtis