Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 13:53:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Routing Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Requirements for MPLS Over a Composite Link
	Author(s)       : Curtis Villamizar
                          Dave McDysan
                          So Ning
                          Andrew Malis
                          Lucy Yong
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement-05.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-01-30

   There is often a need to provide large aggregates of bandwidth that
   are best provided using parallel links between routers or MPLS LSR.
   In core networks there is often no alternative since the aggregate
   capacities of core networks today far exceed the capacity of a single
   physical link or single packet processing element.

   The presence of parallel links, with each link potentially comprised
   of multiple layers has resulted in additional requirements.  Certain
   services may benefit from being restricted to a subset of the
   component links or a specific component link, where component link
   characteristics, such as latency, differ.  Certain services require
   that an LSP be treated as atomic and avoid reordering.  Other
   services will continue to require only that reordering not occur
   within a microflow as is current practice.

   Current practice related to multipath is described briefly in an
   appendix.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement-05.txt