Subject: looking for comments on draft-ietf-rtgwg-mrt-frr-architecture

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 08:10:17 -0400

(WG-chair hat off)

I would be quite interested in any comments, questions, and suggestions for
draft-ietf-rtgwg-mrt-frr-architecture-03.  In this revision, I believe that
it has finalized all the open questions and is presenting a complete and
implementable architecture.  Two associated protocol drafts
(draft-atlas-ospf-mrt-00 and draft-atlas-mpls-ldp-mrt-00) describe the
protocol extensions that I see for the technology.  As indicated in the
architecture draft, I've gone for the idea of MRT profiles.

The associated algorithm draft, draft-enyedi-rtgwg-mrt-frr-algorithm-03,
has also been significantly revised.  It now describes how to handle proxy
nodes for multi-homed prefixes.  It also has the results of our analysis on
real network topologies.

A significant portion of this IETF's rtgwg meeting will be discussing MRT
in various aspects.  I'd really like to have some thoughtful discussion on
the list as well.

Thanks,
Alia