From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 23:42:03 -0400

RTGWG,

The Composite Link work is being renamed to Advanced Multipath.  This
is a result of the Routing Directorate (RtgDir) Review and a decision
made by the Responsible AD.

The concern over use of the terms NPO and Composite Link were that
both terms are defined by the ITU-T and were being used differently.

The use of NPO in these document was clearly in conflict with the
strict definition of NPO in Y.1540 and Y.1541.  The term "Performance
Objective" is now defined and used in its place.

The term Composite Link is defined in G.800.  Its use in these
documents was very similar, but excluding inverse-multiplexing.  It
could be interpretted by ITU-T that IETF is redefining Composite Link,
a term that they may feel is theirs much as IETF has insisted that
MPLS is to be defined by IETF.  The IETF does not want to expend
political capital on this, hence the name change.

The new draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement-11 "Requirements for Advanced
Multipath in MPLS Networks" reflects other comments and discussion
following the RtgDir review.

The new draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-use-cases-04 "Advannced Multipath Use
Cases and Design Considerations" has been edited to remove the use of
the terms NPO and Composite Link, to move definitions to the
Requirements draft, and to move the "Assumptions" section from the
Requirements draft to the Use Cases draft.

I will try to have the Framework draft updated by the Tuesday
deadline.  Changes will also reflect the progress on performance
metrics (delay, jitter, loss) in the OSPF, ISIS, and TE-express-path
drafts.

Curtis

------- Forwarded Messages

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement-11.txt
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 16:05:13 -0700
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the Routing Area Working
Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Requirements for Advanced Multipath in MPLS
			  Networks
	Author(s)       : Curtis Villamizar
                          Dave McDysan
                          So Ning
                          Andrew Malis
                          Lucy Yong
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement-11.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2013-07-11

Abstract:
   This document provides a set of requirements for Advanced Multipath
   in MPLS Networks.

   Advanced Multipath is a formalization of multipath techniques
   currently in use in IP and MPLS networks and a set of extensions to
   existing multipath techniques.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement-11

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
rtgwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtgwg

------- Message 2

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-use-cases-04.txt
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 18:19:12 -0700
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
 directories.  This draft is a work item of the Routing Area Working
 Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Advannced Multipath Use Cases and Design
			  Considerations
	Author(s)       : So Ning
                          Andrew Malis
                          Dave McDysan
                          Lucy Yong
                          Curtis Villamizar
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-use-cases-04.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2013-07-13

Abstract:
   This document provides a set of use cases and design considerations
   for Advanced Multipath.

   Advanced Multipath is a formalization of multipath techniques
   currently in use in IP and MPLS networks and a set of extensions to
   existing multipath techniques.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-use-cases

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-use-cases-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-use-cases-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
rtgwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtgwg

------- End of Forwarded Messages