Subject: RFC 6981 on A Framework for IP and MPLS Fast Reroute Using Not-Via Addresses

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 01:52:22 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6981

        Title:      A Framework for IP and 
                    MPLS Fast Reroute Using Not-Via Addresses 
        Author:     S. Bryant,
                    S. Previdi,
                    M. Shand
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      34
        Characters: 79311
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-notvia-addresses-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6981.txt

This document presents an illustrative framework for providing fast
reroute in an IP or MPLS network through encapsulation and forwarding
to "not-via" addresses.  The general approach described here uses a
single level of encapsulation and could be used to protect unicast,
multicast, and LDP traffic against link, router, and shared risk
group failure, regardless of network topology and metrics.

The mechanisms presented in this document are purely illustrative of
the general approach and do not constitute a protocol specification.
The document represents a snapshot of the work of the Routing Area
Working Group at the time of publication and is published as a
document of record.  Further work is needed before implementation or
deployment.

This document is a product of the Routing Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC