Subject: FW: New Version Notification for draft-chen-rtg-key-table-yang-00.txt

From: Ing-Wher Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 01:19:07 +0000

1) Key Management

The base key-chain draft <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-acee-rtg-yang-key-chain/>
 manages authentication keys using key-chains, where a key-chain consists of a set of keys.

However, the base key-chain draft also provides the flexibility to allow for different vendor
implementations and different protocol implementations to manage authentication keys using
the key-chain concept (or even using non-keychain concepts).

2) Properties of Keys

Regardless of how keys are managed, some, if not all, of the authentication-key attributes
defined in RFC 7210 are inherent attributes of an authentication-key, and are independent
of how keys are managed.  Examples of this include the "direction" of the key and the "KDF"
to use with a key.  (RFC 7210 is the standards-track definition of data needed for routing
protocol authentication.)

This draft <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-rtg-key-table-yang/> defines
OPTIONAL additions the key-chain draft so implementations MAY include all the
authentication-key attributes described in RFC 7210.  Because these additional
authentication-key attributes are OPTIONAL, any implementation MAY choose to omit them.
For example, a router that does not support the latest TCP-AO RFC to protect BGP would
not care about the authentication-key "direction".

Thanks,
Helen

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2015 5:14 PM
To: Ing-Wher Chen; Ing-Wher Chen
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-chen-rtg-key-table-yang-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-chen-rtg-key-table-yang-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by I. Chen and posted to the IETF repository.

Name:		draft-chen-rtg-key-table-yang
Revision:	00
Title:		YANG Data Model for RFC 7210 Key Table
Document date:	2015-03-09
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		9
URL:            http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chen-rtg-key-table-yang-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-rtg-key-table-yang/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chen-rtg-key-table-yang-00

Abstract:
   This document defines a YANG data model to describe the key table
   defined in RFC 7210.  The data model defined in this document
   augments the existing key-chain model with additional key attributes
   specified in RFC 7210.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat