Subject: RFC 7938 on Use of BGP for Routing in Large-Scale Data Centers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 09:05:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7938

        Title:      Use of BGP for Routing 
                    in Large-Scale Data Centers 
        Author:     P. Lapukhov, A. Premji,
                    J. Mitchell, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 89682
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rtgwg-bgp-routing-large-dc-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7938

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7938

Some network operators build and operate data centers that support
over one hundred thousand servers.  In this document, such data
centers are referred to as "large-scale" to differentiate them from
smaller infrastructures.  Environments of this scale have a unique
set of network requirements with an emphasis on operational
simplicity and network stability.  This document summarizes
operational experience in designing and operating large-scale data
centers using BGP as the only routing protocol.  The intent is to
report on a proven and stable routing design that could be leveraged
by others in the industry.

This document is a product of the Routing Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC