Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtgwg-ni-model-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 07:38:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Area Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : YANG Network Instances
        Authors         : Lou Berger
                          Christan Hopps
                          Acee Lindem
                          Dean Bogdanovic
                          Xufeng Liu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtgwg-ni-model-03.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2017-07-03

Abstract:
   This document defines a network instance module.  This module can be
   used to manage the virtual resource partitioning that may be present
   on a network device.  Examples of common industry terms for virtual
   resource partitioning are Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF)
   instances and Virtual Switch Instances (VSIs).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-ni-model/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtgwg-ni-model-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-rtgwg-ni-model-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtgwg-ni-model-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 11:05:18 -0400

Hello,

    This version has been updated to:

- Align the text with the current (and hopefully final) definition of
schema mount per draft-ietf-netmod-schema-mount.  Notably this has lead
to the introduction of 3 "Well Known Mount Points".

- Resolved open policy question by providing a structure for
LxVPN-specific augmentations, e.g. as found in draft-ietf-bess-l3vpn-yang

- Cleanup intro an other editorial issues identified in rtg dir review
(sent on NI draft, but equally applicable to this one)

- Cleanup yang layout per YANG DR review

- Add/fill in missing sections (e.g., Terminology and Security
Consideration)

- Use tree representation for schema mount per
draft-ietf-netmod-yang-tree-diagrams

- Tried to improve narrative based on comments and questions

- Consolidated and expanded examples in new Appendix B.

There is one open issue flagged in the text:

   1.  Schema mount currently doesn't allow parent-reference filtering
       on the instance of the mount point, but rather just the schema.
       This means it is not possible to filter based on actual data,
       e.g., bind-network-instance-name="green".  In the schema mount
       definition, the text and examples should be updated to cover this
       case.

In the interest of getting the overall work progressed, we propose to
accept this limitation in the definition of schema mount.

We plan to review these changes Prague and hopefully move to last call
shortly thereafter.

Of course, any comments/questions/discussions would be appreciated
(on-list, preferred).

Lou (and co-authors)

On 7/3/2017 10:38 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> rtgwg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtgwg
>