Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtgwg-enterprise-pa-multihoming-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 14:43:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Enterprise Multihoming using Provider-Assigned IPv6 Addresses without Network Prefix Translation: Requirements and Solution
        Authors         : Fred Baker
                          Chris Bowers
                          Jen Linkova
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtgwg-enterprise-pa-multihoming-08.txt
	Pages           : 47
	Date            : 2019-05-17

Abstract:
   Connecting an enterprise site to multiple ISPs using provider-
   assigned addresses is difficult without the use of some form of
   Network Address Translation (NAT).  Much has been written on this
   topic over the last 10 to 15 years, but it still remains a problem
   without a clearly defined or widely implemented solution.  Any
   multihoming solution without NAT requires hosts at the site to have
   addresses from each ISP and to select the egress ISP by selecting a
   source address for outgoing packets.  It also requires routers at the
   site to take into account those source addresses when forwarding
   packets out towards the ISPs.

   This document attempts to define a complete solution to this problem.
   It covers the behavior of routers to forward traffic taking into
   account source address, and it covers the behavior of host to select
   appropriate source addresses.  It also covers any possible role that
   routers might play in providing information to hosts to help them
   select appropriate source addresses.  In the process of exploring
   potential solutions, this document also makes explicit requirements
   for how the solution would be expected to behave from the perspective
   of an enterprise site network administrator.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-enterprise-pa-multihoming/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtgwg-enterprise-pa-multihoming-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-rtgwg-enterprise-pa-multihoming-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtgwg-enterprise-pa-multihoming-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/