Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-mtm-rtgwg-vrrp-p2mp-bfd-01.txt

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 09:22:50 -0800

Dear RTGWG Chairs et al.,
you may recall that the RTGWG has discussed the use of BFD to expedite VRRP
convergence. p2mp BFD seems like a natural fit for a shared LAN allowing a
Redundant node to monitor the Master node without maintaining unnecessary
state information on the latter.
The authors believe that the draft is stable and addresses an actual use
case. We greatly appreciate your consideration to start a WG

Dear All,
your comments, questions, and suggestions are always welcome and greatly
appreciated.

Regards,
Greg (on behalf of the authors)

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Dec 2, 2021 at 12:10 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-mtm-rtgwg-vrrp-p2mp-bfd-01.txt
To: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>, Gyan Mishra <
[email-masked]>, Jeff Tantsura <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-mtm-rtgwg-vrrp-p2mp-bfd-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Greg Mirsky and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-mtm-rtgwg-vrrp-p2mp-bfd
Revision:       01
Title:          Applicability of Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD)
for Multi-point Networks in Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP)
Document date:  2021-12-02
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          7
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-mtm-rtgwg-vrrp-p2mp-bfd-01.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mtm-rtgwg-vrrp-p2mp-bfd/
Html:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-mtm-rtgwg-vrrp-p2mp-bfd-01.html
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mtm-rtgwg-vrrp-p2mp-bfd
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mtm-rtgwg-vrrp-p2mp-bfd-01

Abstract:
   This document discusses the applicability of Bidirectional Forwarding
   Detection (BFD) for multipoint networks to provide Virtual Router
   Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) with sub-second Master convergence and
   defines the extension to bootstrap point-to-multipoint BFD session.

   This draft updates RFC 5798.

The IETF Secretariat