Subject: [sacm] Suggested revisions to SACM requirements G-001 and G-006

From: Lisa Lorenzin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 16:02:47 +0000

Greetings!

On the virtual interim F2F call, we discussed expanding the
requirements verbiage in some instances to provide a slightly
greater level of specificity.  Here is an attempt at revising
G-001 and G-006 based on that discussion:

G-001 from -03.txt:
    The data models, protocols and transports defined by SACM must
    be extensible to allow support for non-standard and future
    extensions.

G-001 proposed revision:
    The data models, protocols and transports defined by SACM must
    be extensible to allow support for non-standard and future
    extensions.  The transport protocol must support easily adding
    new operations while maintaining backwards compatibility.  The
    query language must allow general inquiries as well as expression
    of specific paths to follow; retrieval of specific information
    based on an event, as well as on a continuous basis; and the
    ability to retrieve specific pieces of information, specific
    classes of information, and/or the entirety of available
    information.  The information model must accommodate the addition
    of new data types and/or schemas in a backwards compatible fashion.

G-006 from -03.txt:
    For interoperability and scope boundary, an explicit set of
    data attributes as mandatory to implement should be defined.  While
    the SACM charter defines the focus to be on posture assessment,
    attributes corresponding to Posture Assessment should be described.

G-006 proposed revision:
    For interoperability and scope boundary, an explicit set of
    data attributes as mandatory to implement should be defined.  While
    the SACM charter defines the focus to be on posture assessment,
    attributes corresponding to Posture Assessment should be described.
    For extensibility, a method for expressing non-standard
    (implementer-specific) data attributes while avoiding collisions
    should also be defined.

                                                        Regards,

                                                                Lisa

--
Lisa Lorenzin  /  919-384-7275  /  [email-masked]
Principal Solutions Architect - Security & Mobility
Juniper Networks  /  http://www.juniper.net/