Subject: [sacm] requirement draft

From: "Takeshi Takahashi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 09:35:42 +0900

Hello Nancy and Lisa,

I've read through the requirement document and have got only minor comments,
as below.

Simple comment: 

I guess credibility of the shared data, as well as the nonrepudiability is
outside the scope of the use case and requirements.
Maybe this kind of scope issue is written in the charter, but it could be
safe to mention that in security consideration section or any other places
as well.

Simple question:

"1. The transport protocol must support easily adding new operations while
maintaining backwards compatibility." (in section 2.1)

This is just because of my lack of knowledge.
Can you tell me what kind of operations you mean here?

Editorial:

I was guessing what you mean by "G-", "GN-", "T-", "ARCH-", "IM-" etc. in
Section 2.1.
I think reader can guess what they mean by reading further sections, except
"G-" and "GN-" that do not appear in the later sections.

Kind regards,
Take

---

From: "Nancy Cam-Winget (ncamwing)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 19:22:17 +0000

Hi Takeshi,

Thanks for the reviewŠ.some comments/answers below:

>safe to mention that in security consideration section or any other places
[NCW] It is part of the security considerations which I will be including
in
the next revision, but yes, it would be hard to enforce non-repudiation
but there 
is already language for including (source) integrity.

>Can you tell me what kind of operations you mean here?
[NCW] Crypto agility would be one example.  So, we can negotiate the one
cipher as a MUST
(or transport protocol, for example, if the group agrees on TLS) but if
later a new cipher
Is deemed more secure or a new transport needs to be adopted, we must be
able to ³add² it
Without breaking what was previously defined.

>"G-" and "GN-" that do not appear in the later sections.
[NCW] The G and GN where there temporarily as we are working on
reconciling references,
But those will be gone by the next revision.

>
>Kind regards,
>Take
>
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>sacm mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sacm