Subject: [sacm] RFC 7632 on Endpoint Security Posture Assessment: Enterprise Use Cases

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 11:38:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7632

        Title:      Endpoint Security Posture Assessment: Enterprise 
                    Use Cases 
        Author:     D. Waltermire, D. Harrington
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 53853
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sacm-use-cases-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7632

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7632

This memo documents a sampling of use cases for securely aggregating
configuration and operational data and evaluating that data to
determine an organization's security posture.  From these operational
use cases, we can derive common functional capabilities and
requirements to guide development of vendor-neutral, interoperable
standards for aggregating and evaluating data relevant to security
posture.

This document is a product of the Security Automation and Continuous Monitoring Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC