Subject: [sacm] Data model requirements

From: "Jim Schaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 14:35:52 -0800

During the presentation on the Information Model document at the F2F
meeting, the following was on the slides:

Include the following normative requirements for data models?
. SACM Components residing on target endpoints SHOULD implement time sync
and correct timestamps
. SACM Components that do not reside on target endpoints MUST implement time
sync and add correct timestamps

I have a couple of questions that are raised by this

1.  Is this a question for the data model or the IM?  Given that the
presentation was on the IM and not the DM I was not sure.
2.  Is there really a new requirement here that needs to be in the
requirements draft or not?
	The requirements draft has

ARCH-008 Time Synchronization: Actions or decisions based on time-sensitive
data (such as user logon/logoff, endpoint connection/disconnection, endpoint
behavior events, etc.) are all predicated on a synchronized understanding of
time. The SACM architecture MUST provide a mechanism for all components to
synchronize time. A mechanism for detecting and reporting time discrepancies
SHOULD be provided by the architecture and reflected in the information
model.

IM-005   Data Lifetime Management: The information model MUST provide a
means to allow data models to include data lifetime management. The
information model must identify attributes that can allow data models to, at
minimum, identify the data's origination time and expected time of next
update or data longevity (how long should the data be assumed to still be
valid).

DM-009  Origination Time: The data model SHOULD allow the provider to
include the information's origination time.

OP-001 Time Synchronization: Request and response operations MUST be
timestamped, and published information SHOULD capture time of publication.
Actions or decisions based on time-sensitive data (such as user
logon/logoff, endpoint connection/disconnection, endpoint behavior events,
etc.) are all predicated on a synchronized understanding of time. A method
for detecting and reporting time discrepancies SHOULD be provided.

Do these cover the requirements or is something more needed?

Jim

---

From: "Adam W. Montville" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 18:24:55 -0600

It's not immediately clear to me that something more is needed, but I
think we might ask Danny (the presenter at the time) more about the
train of thought.

On 11/10/2015 04:35 PM, Jim Schaad wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> sacm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sacm