Subject: CMU Cyrus libsasl 1.0b

From: Rob Earhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 12:27:38 -0400 (EDT)

We're pleased to announce a beta version of the CMU Cyrus SASL library,
at <ftp://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/cyrus-mail/cyrus-sasl-v1.0b.tar.gz>.

  This is a freely available client and server implementation of the SASL
C API which Chris Newman's been passing around for a while, modulo a
couple changes which came up during implementation.  It also includes
plugins for the ANONYMOUS, CRAM-MD5, and KERBEROS_V4 SASL mechanisms. 

  As of now, only Linux, Solaris, and IRIX are supported; we hope to add
support for more platforms (particularly Win32 and MacOS) relatively soon.

  As always, bug reports, feature requests, and general comments are most
appreciated; please submit them to <[email-masked]>.

  Enjoy!

  )Rob

Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 12:27:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: Rob Earhart <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
cc: [email-masked]
Subject: CMU Cyrus libsasl 1.0b
Sender: [email-masked]

  We're pleased to announce a beta version of the CMU Cyrus SASL library,
at <ftp://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/cyrus-mail/cyrus-sasl-v1.0b.tar.gz>.

  This is a freely available client and server implementation of the SASL
C API which Chris Newman's been passing around for a while, modulo a
couple changes which came up during implementation.  It also includes
plugins for the ANONYMOUS, CRAM-MD5, and KERBEROS_V4 SASL mechanisms. 

  As of now, only Linux, Solaris, and IRIX are supported; we hope to add
support for more platforms (particularly Win32 and MacOS) relatively soon.

  As always, bug reports, feature requests, and general comments are most
appreciated; please submit them to <[email-masked]>.

  Enjoy!

  )Rob