Subject: Postfix + SASL: problem with authentication...

From: "Boniforti Flavio" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:41:35 +0100

Hello ALL!

I'm new here...

I've set up Postfix to use SASL (and it works OK).
The main purpose of all this is because I have to relay my LAN clients' mail
towards my ISPs SMTP server.

And here comes the hard part: I've set up postfix to relay, I've set up all
the stuff it needs (I hope I haven't forgotten anything!), but now there's a
problem which has been pointed out by someone on the postfix mailing-list:
the SMTP server I have to relay to is "Lotus Domino Release 5.0.8" and it
answers with "250-AUTH=LOGIN". I've been told that the error is the '='
sign, which shouldn't be there at all!

How may I still be able to login to that server with SASL?

Thanx!

Boniforti Flavio
Informa Srl
Via 42 Martiri, 165
28924 Verbania (VB)
Tel +39 0323 586216
Fax +39 0323 586672
http://www.co-ver.it/informa