Subject: Re: Agenda items to discuss

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 13:34:41 +0000

Sam Hartman wrote:

>There has been a lot of discussion on the list since the last IETF and
>I'm curious which issues actually need meeting time.  I'd appreciate
>it if people could suggest issues that still seem to be open.
>
>Thing I think may be open or need discussion are:
>
>* Initial server challenges especially as they interact with SMTP
>
I think there is nothing to discuss here. There are bugs in existing 
implementation and this need to be clarified with additional examples.

>* Security layer replacement in the base SASL spec
>* Authorization ID text (data vs blob, confusion about restriction, etc)
>* There was some discussion of multiple layers of encryption (TLS vs security layers) in XMPP; do we want
>to develop guidance for protocol designers on this issue?
>
>I think most of the other changes that have been brought forward have
>been resolved; please correct me if I'm wrong.  I think Greg's
>comments on implementing SASL have not suggested any specific changes
>to documents that need discussion.
>
>
>There's also been a lot of IDN related discussion in the Kerberos
>working group.  So far, I don't think any of that discussion affects
>saslprep.  If any of those issues do end up affecting saslprep, we may
>at least want to be aware of them.  I'll review those discussion
>within the next week.
>
>  
>
Cheers,

Alexey Melnikov
__________________________________________
Isode Limited, http://www.isode.com

IETF standard related pages:
http://orthanc.ab.ca/mel/devel/Links.html
__________________________________________

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 13:34:41 +0000

Cheers,

Alexey Melnikov