Subject: [savi] Last Call: <draft-ietf-savi-dhcp-29.txt> (SAVI Solution for DHCP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 06:49:08 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Source Address Validation
Improvements WG (savi) to consider the following document:
- 'SAVI Solution for DHCP'
  <draft-ietf-savi-dhcp-29.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-08-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the procedure for creating a binding between
   a DHCPv4/DHCPv6 assigned IP address and a binding anchor on a SAVI
   (Source Address Validation Improvements) device.  The bindings set up
   by this procedure is used to filter out packets with forged source IP
   address in DHCP scenario.  This mechanism is proposed as a complement
   to ingress filtering to provide finer-grained source IP address
   validation.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-savi-dhcp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-savi-dhcp/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2373/